Hi everyone. I am happy that you have stopped by to seek more information and helpful tips on how you can successfully incorporate Yoga into your life. So tell me, when thinking about Yoga, do you also have the question “Will Yoga help me lose weight?” in mind?
Whether you are seeking information on specific Yoga poses that support weight loss or tips on incorporating a natural and healthy fitness program into your lifestyle, you have come to the right place.
Is Yoga The Answer?
Yoga, as you may have already known has a full range of physiological benefits and psychological benefits. The active forms of Yoga such as Ashtanga and Vinyasa along with other forms of Power Yoga can help you burn calories. However, the slower and restorative forms of Yoga also prove highly beneficial especially if you are still in the stage of getting to know your body. Of course, if your goal is weight loss, a healthy diet should never be overlooked. The combination of Yoga for weight loss and healthy diet has been proven to support sensible and medically proper weight reduction as well as longer life.
In this article, my personal goal is to provide you the most meaningful and useful information on implementing Yoga for weight loss. I will be adding more information about healthy and natural weight loss from time to time, so please free come back and check the website every now and then.
Recommended Yoga Practice For Weight Loss
In order to successfully shed off extra pounds, you need to burn calories. Any physical activity, including Yoga can help you achieve your goal. But to derive maximum Yoga for weight loss benefits, you need to take into account the specific type of Yoga you want to pursue. For weight loss, Astanga, Vinyasa and Power Yoga are among the more vigorous practices, while Iyengar and Kripalu are the slower-paced ones.
In a 90-minute vigorous Yoga class, you can burn over 400 calories, with poses that are designed to strengthen the muscles, increase muscle mass and contribute to caloric burn. In order to enjoy all these positive results, try to practice a 90-minute Yoga 3 to 5 times in a week.
Without a doubt, Yoga is a wonderful total body workout, however, weight loss is more of a gradual process. If you want to pick up the pace, consider supplementing your Yoga practice with some heart-pumping cardio exercises such as jogging and cycling.
Recommended Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
- Tadasana or Mountain Pose. Considered to be one of the easiest forms of Yoga for weight loss exercise, this pose can effectively improve your balance and posture.
- Uttanasana or Forward Bend Pose. This is another great Yoga for weight loss exercise that focuses on working out the leg muscles. This particular pose stretches the spine and legs along with the hamstrings, which is a major muscle group that burns calories.
- Trikonasana or Triangle Pose. This Yoga for weight loss pose stretches the spine and opens up the torso, which leads to enhanced body strength. This pose also helps improve balance and works out the quadriceps, which also contributes to better calorie burn.
- Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose. This pose focuses on strengthening the arm and the back muscles as well as the abdominal and shoulder muscles.
- Sethu Bandhasa or Bridge Pose. This is one of the more challenging poses that enhances flexibility and strengthens the abdominal, chest and lower back muscles.
Yoga For Weight Loss Tips
Yoga as we all know is a fantastic, low-impact physical fitness program that can help the body gradually ease into a routine at a comfortable pace. To maximize your Yoga and weight loss benefits, here are tips geared towards promoting losing weight:
- When practicing different Yoga poses, focus on how each pose make you feel physically.
- Be in the moment. Focus and feel every movement you make and actively listen to what your body is telling you.
- Be aware what particular muscles are targeted with each pose. Work on challenging and stretching the muscles without overexerting. Keep in mind that you want to push your body with every pose but not to the point of hurting the muscles.
- Listen to your body. If you are tired, listen and respect your physical limitations. Allow your body time to recover.
- Yoga is something that you can practice at any age and all throughout your life. Aside from providing a fitness routine, Yoga is also effective in developing patience, internal awareness and discipline, all of which can help you in losing excess pounds and maintaining your ideal body weight.
Weight loss is just one of the many wonderful benefits of Yoga. Practice regularly and you will gradually notice the difference, not just in the aspect of fitness but also in promoting overall health and wellness.