Learning Mindful Motion Through Private Yoga Lessons
Long before yoga studios became popular, yoga was traditionally taught through private yoga lessons.
While attending group yoga classes provide an effective and viable venue for learning and practicing, one-on-one private yoga lessons can prove to be highly beneficial, especially for beginners.
Through the help of a private yoga instructor, your individuality as well as your personal goals and needs can be best addressed.
Benefits of Private Yoga Lessons
It is true that private yoga classes are considerably more expensive compared to enrolling in a yoga studio. However, it comes with a number of advantages and great benefits, such as the ones enumerated below:
- Reduces/Eliminates any intimidation experienced by beginners when attending large group yoga classes for the first time. Attending one or two private yoga lessons will give you a crash course on the basics of yoga, which will better prepare you and increase your confidence level.
- Private yoga classes can be designed to accommodate special health concerns, injuries, or any other limitations you may have. If you are concerned about the possibility of a re-injury, working one-on-one with a private yoga instructor can provide you with an opportunity to learn and adapt certain postures and modifications and find out what specific poses to avoid when in class.
- Private yoga classes can offer a highly viable option if you have set a specific goal – whether it’s mental, emotional, spiritual or physical. A private yoga instructor can tailor private yoga lessons and provide the necessary guidance to better equip you to meet your goals.
- Through one-on-one private yoga lessons, the instructor will be able to provide recommendations on what type of yoga works for you best based on his observations in private yoga sessions.
- Experienced yoga practitioners can also greatly benefit from private yoga lessons especially for those who want to take their practice to the next level. A private yoga instructor can work closely with you in assisting you with more challenging poses and monitoring your progress.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Yoga Private Lessons
Enrolling in private yoga lessons is a considerable investment. Here are some tips to consider to ensure you get the best out of it:
- Spend time to talk to your private instructor about your specific goals.
- Decide where you want to hold private yoga lessons. Make sure the place is free from clutter, clean and has enough space.
- Hydrate your body an hour before your scheduled private yoga lessons in order to awaken the mind.
- Keep away things that may distract you such as cell phones and other devices.
- Set your intention. What is it that you want to get from your private yoga lessons? Focus on what you want to achieve through yoga.
- Stay in the moment. Do not allow your mind to wander off and think about pending tasks or other activities you have lined up after your private yoga classes.
- Breathe properly. A lot of beginners tend to hold their breath when straining or stretching. Holding your breath will result to the tightening of your muscles instead of expanding them, which can hamper your flexibility. Take time to learn the basic yoga breathing techniques.
Think of private yoga classes as an investment for your personal growth and health. It can be a great way to start your yoga practice in a more solid footing before you join group yoga sessions or provide intensive training and exclusive attention for advanced practitioners.